FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hong Kong Tailor?
View Single Post
Old Mar 13, 2012, 2:09 pm
nologic

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by JoshThomas
Thanks for your helpful replies. Having dug a little deeper I asked for more specific prices based on WW Chan's recommendation of Loro Piana Super 130s priced at $HK9,800 (jacket only). Unfortunately the WW Chan quote is still a bit out of my price range (up to $6k) - so from the following responses below, Who offers the best quality/VFM? And from experience do any of them Hand stitch rather than glue?

Danny's - Very polite and helpful, most responsive via email and gave lots of options. Price was approx $5k, but seems like a little room to manoeuvre.
E.Italian (Edward Tam) - price was $5.5k, but he gave me 3 similar options straight off the bat from 4-6k, in Zegna too, and again was very helpful.
Sam's - Polite, but didn't give specifics (which to me was worrying) but told me Loro Piana jackets start from $2,750 and suggested I came in to look at fabrics.
You seem to be approaching it right...the thing that's pretty tough to gauge is the workmanship. But I would ask them more about the details.