FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help with Delta and downgrade?
View Single Post
Old Mar 13, 2012, 8:08 am
Microbiology

Help with Delta and downgrade?

Hello I need some feedback on this issue with Delta please. I have a booked flight on Delta from RDU to ALT to HNL and back in June. I am flying FC on a “P” class ticket and looked the other day, and come to find that the same flight, same days of travel and same destination has been reduced by $410.00. This downgrade is from a First class P class to a First class A. Is this not a downgrade? I got a reply saying that they are now declining my request?
So what are my choices and what do you think I should do and whom do I contact?

Here is the first email reply:

Thank you for your email to Delta Air Lines.

We acknowledge your concernregarding changes in a fare that was previously purchased. Since airfares are subject to change without notice, our customers are encouraged to purchase their tickets when reservations are confirmed.

Iffares decrease, ticketed passengers may downgrade to the lower fare prior to departure of the originating flight as long as all restrictions of the new reduced fare are met. This includes advance ticketing, and nochanges are allowed to the flight, date, or origin.

The downgrade will require that your ticket be reissued. Anytime we reissue a ticket, an administrative service charge will apply. A nonrefundable Delta Travel Voucher will be issued for any difference beyond the associated administrative service charge.

When your ticket involves International travel, the administrative service charge assessed will be the same amount of the change fee associated with the fare being downgraded. We appreciate your business and trust your future flights will be enjoyable. We hope you will continue to make Delta your airline of choice. Sincerely,