FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Beijing hotels and tours?
View Single Post
Old Mar 12, 2012, 8:03 pm
slovak1

Programs: priority club, aeroplan, air miles
Smile Used Dragon Delight Tours

My husband and I stayed at the Crown Plaza Wangfujing on point breaks and loved it. My husband is a platinum member and they treated us like royal guests. We booked the cheapest at 5000 points a night and they upgraded us to club with full breakfast. The room was ultra modern with flat screen tv and had more English stations then we got in Australia. Now we are in our early sixties and have travelled a lot but had limited time in Beijing. We were there for 6 days which included going to Xian to see the Terra Cotta soldiers. Dragon Delight did all our trip in China with pick up at the airport to taking us to all the big tourist stops. We never would have seen all that we saw without our guide. Now we didn't find the fees that high and the trip went wonderfully. If your parents can get to Xian as well I would highly recomend it. We stayed at the Tang Paradise Hotel which backs onto a huge park that is just beautiful. The night time show with lights was out of this world.
This was booked by the tour guide and it was all superb. The airline lost our one bag we took to Xian and the tour guide took care of it all. We had never been on such an organized tour as we normally do all our own and love driving or taking the local transportation. This wouldn't have worked in China with our limited time. We booked everything by internet and it worked beautifully. Hope they have a great time.