FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Israel Railways
Thread: Israel Railways
View Single Post
Old Mar 11, 2012, 11:39 am
joshwex90
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Regarding Haifa to Tel Aviv, we ended up in a taxi. It was not planned that way, but it worked out nicely. We were on our way down from Har Carmel to the train station and the driver told us because of the shelling in the south, we should take the bus, because they have to stop the southbound trains from time to time when there are 'incoming' and they back up for 20-40 minutes at a time. Meanwhile, I saw what the fare already was (with luggage add-on, which they all seem to charge), and knew we had a few KMs @ TLV in taxi when we got here, and the driver offered us a ride all the way here for a not-unreasonable price that went down when I hesitated at the first price. Nice guy, nice ride, saved shlepping luggage for 2 on the train, at a fare I could live with.

Other than showing us family pics on his phone while driving, as well as taking a few calls, he was a good driver.
How much did you pay? You were 2 people? And how much luggage? (Sorry for all the questions - just trying to asses the fare )