FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How do you recover expired TrueBlue points?
Old Mar 10, 2012, 12:56 pm
jperini12

Programs: marriott
Does anyone to how to reinstate JetBlue points?

1. So you already let them expire once and got them reinstated then and now are trying to do that again? That seems even less likely to work.

2. The TrueBlue account summary page does indicate when points expire, it is right in the middle of the My TrueBlue Home page. The first three things listed are TrueBlue number, Available Points and Points expiration date.

3. On mine I just have my TrueBlue Number and Available points. It doesn't show my expiration date.

4. Have you applied for the AMEX JetBlue card? That would be the first step to showing some goodwill.

First of all thank you for trying to help me.

I will try to answer all the above questions.

I had full intention not to let my points expire. It would be helpful if JetBlue would help a their trueblue customers by indicating when the points expire and notify them by email like other award programs. My TrueBlue account does not list expiration date (I have copy of my September statement and if there was a expiration date of 10/27/11, I would obtain AMEX JetBlue card that day. I beleived the rules which stated last activity which was 2/12/11, would extend the points for a year or 2/12/12 not 10/27/11. Expiration date or notification would have solved that error ) Other programs such as Frontier and Delta do notify you if points are going to expire or let buy them back.

In my letter to the CEO, I said "Instead of a courtesy, as a contingency could I be required to obtain a JetBlue Card from American Express before you reinstate my points. I could promise keep my card active for rest of my life."