FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 3 persons in Deluxe Double cabin, 2 or 3 beds? (CNL)
Old Mar 9, 2012, 2:14 pm

Programs: UA Gold, OZ silver,
Originally Posted by KQ321

3 persons in Economy double-berth cabin
3 people, each in a shared 2-berth compartment, with one other passenger per compartment (ie: with the group spread across at least 2, and possibly 3, different compartments). This means that each person could be in a different compartment, sharing with a 'stranger' (ie: across 3 compartments in total), although it is likely that 2 people will be put together, and the third will be sharing with someone unknown (ie: 2 compartments in total). (If you click on "Book Selected Offer", it will ask you to indicate the gender of the passengers; I think it assumes that all three are the same gender, as presumably mixed gender groups either have to book an entire compartment, or make separate bookings).

Which number are you trying for the DB UK office? Their current number, and opening times, are at: http://www.bahn.com/i/view/GBR/en/ho...n-the-uk.shtml
THANK YOU so much, that was the exact info I was looking for! I couldn't figure out the 3 people in the "double" room. You explained this perfectly and sincerely appreciate your time typing that out! I think other train rookies will find this post helpful!

I was also reading somewhere online that some CNL sleeper trains have adjoining rooms! that may be an option for us if we book 3 persons in 1 Economy Double + 1 Economy Single cabin.

I was calling the +44 8718 8080 66, it would ring then hang up. I was calling during posted UK hours.

Thanks again!^