FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Warning on current immigration clearance time
Old Mar 7, 2012, 6:25 pm
yosithezet
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by LoungeLizzard
When Yoshithezet then asked on what assumption this was based, he likely meant you, i.e. why you expected ANA to help fdflys going thru immigration.
I think he did not mean to ask fdflys to repeat his question.
Thanks LoungeLizzard. You are correct that I didn't understand why BKKROP would think that fdflys would be helped through immigration. There was no clue that he had super status with ANA or that he was flying F. I actually looked through the thread looking for that information to see if I'd missed it. I hadn't.

When giving advice it is important that the advice be actionable. Making vague statements which are not based on the reality of a specific situation and don't provide a poster with specific information as to how to act on the claims really don't serve anyone. In this case, now that we have the actual details of the class of service and status, we, as a community, are able to actually assist the poster. Had they followed the previously provided vague advice they likely would have been in for a very rude surprise upon reaching the airport.