FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase Sapphire Preferred vs Capital Venture One
Old Mar 5, 2012, 12:20 pm
saacman5033

Originally Posted by Dr_wanderlust
Since Capital One almost always pulls all three major credit reports for a single application, it should be avoided like the plague.
I have never understood this logic. It's not like three credit pulls are be lumped onto one report as if you had applied for three credit cards.

If you're one of those who has most card hits to one bureau, this will have basically zero effect on the other two. On the other hand, if you're in a place where your credit pulls are balanced between bureaus, you probably don't have enough hits on any one bureau to be concerned with the level of inquiries.

Originally Posted by sk8uno
It seems everyone still prefers the Sapphire! It's a shame, because using Cap One points has been so easy.
Why should it matter what everyone else prefers if you prefer Cap One? If you don't get around 2 cents or better of value out of an UR point then you may be better off with Cap One.

Also consider whether you do enough spending to make the annual fee worth it.

Originally Posted by sk8uno
For those of you who have used UR for statement credits, how simple is it? How far back in time can I apply credits? Can I divide up the expense and only use UR for part of it (e.g. if I spend 900 on AA tickets, can I, after the purchase, divide it up into two tickets of $450 and only use UR as to one of the $450 charges)?
If you're target is using UR points for statement credits then you are certainly better off with the Cap One Venture.