FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Problems with United Website?
View Single Post
Old Mar 4, 2012, 2:19 am
abhabh

New Web Site Has Issues

OK, I won't call it a disaster but simple things are awfully frustrating.

1) The system will not allow you to assign seats for you last flight segment (the web page is a dead seat map display).

2) If you change your flight on a segment, the system refuses to assign seats for the changed segment.

3) I actually, without asking, got prices displayed in Thai Bat!

4) The system will display random itineraries at times. I was looking for my GVA to SFO itinerary and it displayed a GVA to Houston itinerary. One that I never booked.

The last two issues make you wonder whether I'm just getting someone else's responses (quite possible in systems like these). I can see the security folks brandishing their arms :-)

Those issues aside; the whole thing looks stodgy. It reminds me of what web sites looked like in the late 90's. Plus, it takes way too many clicks to get anything done. Made all the worse by leaving you either at the top or bottom of the page when you back track; forcing you to search where you were before.

Plus side; they finally allow you the freedom of booking combination fares (i.e., M, E, U, H, Q, V, W vs. discounted fares). That is a huge improvement!

On the other hand that does restrict them from displaying non-code share flight combinations. Since you can't mix and match those.

Anyway, I'm probably not the only one that has issues. The call center is overwhelmed with wait times over 20 minutes. And when you do get a person, they can't do anything more than what you could have done (or not done) on the web. In the end, it's all very frustrating.

Like I said, it's not disastrous but it really makes you wonder who in the world designed all this stuff. It's just not very good. Almost makes you want to go to a travel agent. Then again, they probably would be saddled with the same problems, sigh.

Last edited by abhabh; Mar 4, 2012 at 2:47 am