FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any comments on my European itinerary?
View Single Post
Old Mar 3, 2012, 1:58 am
lsquare
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by exbayern
I would omit some of those, including Bonn (why is that one you list - family for instance?), and possibly Rotterdam, and replace them with alternatives. Vaduz is an interesting one as it isn't commonly on the list of 'must sees'.
I'm going to be in Cologne and Bonn use to be the former capital of West Germany. Would seem like a waste not to go to Bonn right? It's not even worth 1 day?

I agree with Aviatrix that a month is doable because you don't seem to be running around checking countries off a list (although if you have Vaduz and San Marino on the list, perhaps that is the intent). I am actually not that big a fan of Zürich and would perhaps add some other sites in Switzerland (or even Strasbourg) to your list, if you are omitting some of the locations.
It's a yes and no. If I'm going to be in Zurich, it would be kind of dumb not to go to Vaduz and yes I will be checking off a list, but is it really that big of a deal? It would be dumb for me to go to Vaduz just for the sake of it.

San Marino actually have a UNESCO designated area so that's another reason why I wanted to check it out. Is it really that bad of a place to go to?

I'm interested in hearing your opinion. I haven't really been around Continental Europe before so I would glad to hear your suggestions. Nothing on my itinerary is set in stone. If you have 3.5 weeks to a month, where would you go? Looking forward to hearing from you and anyone who can give me their insights.