FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 4x4 / SUV car hire in Las Vegas, for OFF-ROADING
Old Mar 2, 2012, 10:00 pm
747_not_777

Programs: BA Gold
Question 4x4 / SUV car hire in Las Vegas, for OFF-ROADING

Just finished another amazing two days in Death Valley NP - and instead of taking the Avis SUV down the back-country roads to old abandoned mines and ghost towns etc, this time we took a proper modified Jeep Rubicon from Farabee's Jeep Hire in the Park. Well worth it - we got to see some really remote places - and all without the worry of whether Avis' 'on-road' set of boots would survive the journey...

But my question is this: is there anywhere in Las Vegas, or close to McCarran Int, which will hire a 4x4 for genuine off-roading? Next year I'd like to come back for another weekend of back-country exploring, but instead of doing the back-roads in the Park, I'd like to see more of the old mining remains and 4x4 tracks over near Area 51 (which would make it pretty inconvenient to have to start over at Death Valley, just to get the Jeep).

But I'd really like to do it in a proper 4x4 / SUV with off-road tyres, not try just break the Avis rental agreement and hope for the best! Have done that too many times before!

Advice much appreciated.

Cheers

747_not_777

PS - NOT looking to join a Jeep tour or anything of that nature. I like to explore out there on my own, to my agenda - not as part of a group...

And PPS - I have not made a spelling mistake. It IS tyre, never tire! You Americans and your spellings...