FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - need advice on my china trip
View Single Post
Old Mar 2, 2012, 8:16 pm
moondog
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by peeyurr
Hi and thanks for helping,

We are planning a trip for the summer that includes Korea and China. It will be a family vacation and one of the few times we get to spend with our parents.

We will first spend 8 days in Korea, then head over to China for about 8 days. We really want to see Beijing and either a cruise on Yangtze River or Guiling. My wife really prefers to the scenic places rather than the historic places. Yangtze or Guiling?

So far, I have seen most tours stay in Beijing for 3 days, includes most of the important sites (Forbidden city/great wall). What would you guys suggest? I have seen many suggestions for independent travel, I would consider hiring a private tour at the location instead of all inclusive travel tour.

FYI. June 11th-19th. My parents are fluent in Chinese and have been to China many times. Im not fluent, but can get by.

I am planning on purchasing my own one way flight from ICN to either Beijing or Shanghai. Which one would be better? Fly into Shanghai and take the river tour upstream and then fly into Beijing? Or fly into Beijing and then to the other location?

Any suggestions/comments would be appreciated.
Buy tickets to PEK and from SHA or vv; the order doesn't matter. As far as suggestions are concerned, you should do some more research, and then get back to us (there are scores of inquiries like yours in this forum, alone).