FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rayavadee or Phulay Bay in Krabi
View Single Post
Old Mar 1, 2012, 3:23 pm
ainternational

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Originally Posted by TommyC80
My fiancee and I are considering this property for part of our honeymoon in Thailand. I think the resort has been open for about a year now and early reviews were hit and miss. I've seen a few decent trip reports on tripadvisor lately, but am curious what you guys think as well.

Also, if you are gold or platinum...Did you receive an upgrade? We were thinking of booking either the Beach Villa (with hopes of an upgrade to the Reserve Pool Villa)...or just getting the Reserve Pool Villa outright.

I assume if we booked a Reserve Pool Villa, the best we could hope for is an upgrade to a Sea View version, but if any of you have been upgraded to the Royal Beach Villa please let me know.
Just found this thread. Not sure if you booked something already. I was there about a year ago and it was truly great. PM or post all your questions and I'm glad to respond. I ended up getting a Reserve Pool Villa for the price of a lesser villa, confirmed at booking due to a special promo they had. But I bet a good Virtuoso agent could possibly work something similar. I assume RC has Virtuoso benefits.

Service was as good as my Aman experiences. Although I should say the resort was not at all crowded during my stay. The architecture and design is truly stunning. The beach less so.