FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Vegas Gay Day-Thoughts?
View Single Post
Old Feb 29, 2012, 7:38 am
jamesteroh
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Vegas Gay Day-Thoughts?

I know people here do the Disney Gay Days and I am on their mailing list.

I have been getting their emails about the Gay Days in Vegas. Anyone here think it will be fun or do you guys think it isn't worth looking at? Just inerested in getting others thoughts on this.

I go to Vegas quite a bit. I always do Folsom and Decadence in September and there is no way I can do three events in September being an accountant and with September 15 and October 15 being big tax days. Even with Folsom weekend being moved this week hotels are expensive and I think the rate at the Tropicana for gay days is very reasonable.

One big concern that I can't find addressed on the site or any of the emails is if they have the entire hotel blocked. I have been to events in the past where the entire hotel wasn't blocked (like the Wyndham in Cleveland during CLAW a few years ago and there have been a couple times at IML where airline crews have stayed there or travellers were allowed to check in the host on memorial day with a bunch of attendee still there) and it creates an awkward enviornment for both the guys and the guests who had no idea what was going on when they booked the room.