FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ORD to HKG the VERY LONG WAY: 9 segments, 6 F-segments, 5 *A partners -UA/LH/NH/TG/LX
Old Feb 28, 2012, 10:59 pm
ORDnHKG
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist

They also set up something special for Christmas at the galley counter in C

Here I found the attractive male FA I saw earlier in F, his name was Marcel, he said he was 25, what a contrast to F FAs !

When I returned back to F, I was going to ask Ruth about those snacks I found in C. Ruth went to break, and this was the first time I interact with the other FA also served in F, which I didn't get to talk to her til now. She told me her name was Suzanna. When I talked with her about the mid-flight snack, she brought one of each snacks from C, she also showed me the christmas cookies they had given out to pax.

The C cookies on the left (it was the same one given to me at HKG checkin, who knew it was for C pax !), and the F cookies on the right.

Suzanna was telling me to look at both packs of cookies, she told me just even by the look of them, it looked so different, like how much the F ones better than the C ones, that really make me laugh. She also asked me if I wanted some chocolates. Seemed like Suzanna was the better of the two, even I didn't get to talk with her earlier in the flight.

Are you serious LX ? No chinese tea even in F for HKG flight ?

She asked me if I would like some tea to go with my snacks, I asked her for some chinese tea, shockingly there was none, it wasn't even listed in the menus, only green tea was listed. She said it was weird as she remembered they had chinese tea for PVG flight. Luckily I had a chinese tea bag from UA IFL.

I told Suzanna that I collect amenity kits, she brought me one of each from C. The amenity kit I got from one of the empty seats had 343 on the tin, but Suzanna actually brought one to me had AR1 on it. She also brought one that I had never seen before. Both of them looks nice on the outside, but inside the contents are pathetic, they were both like other airline's Y kit.

This one in my opinion is more stylish than the tin, it is made by a brand called QWSTION, there was a card in the bag with the description telling it is designed and developed in Zurich. I am not familiar with it, perhaps someone from Switerland would know more about it.

qwstion.com

Also on the other side of the card, both the tin and this bag saying shaving kit, nail file, comb, shoehorn, and sewing kit were available on request.

Some kids items Suzanna gave me

Suzanna was really in a chatty mood, or maybe she was indeed more chatty and friendlier than Ruth in general. She was telling me she had worked for LX for 30 years, and Ruth had worked for LX for 33 years, they had never worked together, but both of them were come from SR. I also learned from her that in order to be a LX FA, they don't need to speak German initially, but one has to learn German in 2 years after one is employed.

The co-pilot came out from the cockpit to use the washroom, after he came out, he saw I was chatting with Suzanna, shockingly he joined in the conversation, his name was Roland Miller, we had a nice chat about the difference between LX and SR, as well as the infamous MD-11 where the long haul fleet before 343 came. Even after Mr. Miller went back to the cockpit, Suzanna told me discreetly that Mr. Miller was more talkative than the captain.

Afterwards, I went back to my seat to lay down for a bit, but I wasn't sleepy anymore, and it didn't take too long before breakfast service start.

IN THE MORNING

SWISS BREAKFAST

Assortment of breakfast breads, preserves and honey
Fresh fruits, yoghurts, muesli and cereals
-
Choice of egg dishes, cold cuts and cheese
-
Coffee, tea and juices

Ruth came back for service, but I wasn't in the mood for scramble eggs, she told me they had dumplings, I was curious, I thought it would be the normal chinese pork or beef dumplings, but it was a bad choice, I don't even know how to describe it, let the photo speak.

Overall the experience was better than LH, but the food was about the same as LH, both LX and LH did really a bad job on Asian food, then lack of real mid-flight snack like on asian carriers is a big down point for me. Nontheless, I took a photo with Ruth and Suzanna before the plane decent into ZRH

Ruth on the left and Suzanna on the right

Last edited by ORDnHKG; Feb 29, 2012 at 3:40 pm