FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hampton Inn Boone {US-NC} (no longer Honors)
Old Feb 28, 2012, 11:25 am
CMK10
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by dwcatty
I'm sorry your stay here wasn't up to snuff. I stay at this property about once a month, and was just there last week for two nights. I've found all the desk folks to be as helpful as can be. I've seen the place overrun with families and kids on weekends; weeknights are much nicer. The bag breakfasts are a joke; I always pray there is a #6 in the fridge. They run out of bananas often, and the pool and hot tub are closed frequently for service. Otherwise I've never been disappointed. Location is good, there is a fridge and a microwave in the room, the lights all work, the room is clean and the bed comfortable. It is just a Hampton Inn.
That is the truth, isn't it? It certainly puts things in perspective. I did like my room and the location was perfect but not being able to check in (especially after the long drive from Durham) and those breakfast bags rubbed me the wrong way. Perhaps I was a little too harsh though.