FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Queensland Photo Speed Ticker for USA Resident.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 1:59 am
RandomTask1

Queensland Photo Speed Ticker for USA Resident.

Hello,

Got back from Australia at the end of January. Just got a photo speeding ticked from Cairns, Sheridan Street, right near where the higway changes with a picture of the car for a 73km/h in a 60 km zone, $200 fine.

Being a bloody minded individual, with the picture in hand I went to Google Street view. Thanks to the lane markings and the mountain in the background, I found where the camera was set up. As I was going down the road virtually in Google, I also noticed the 60km/h speed limit sign is 350 meters in front of where the camera was set up. So it appears I in fact was slowing down from the 80kph highway, but I had not slowed down enough by the time I got to the radar setup. Must be a great money maker for them.

Is the rental car company on the hook if I don't pay?. I suppose the only way QLD could ever collect on me would be if I went back to Australia for some sort of permanent to semi-permanent stretch.

I noticed in New South Wales there is a Penalty Review Board you can appeal to. Is there such a facility in Queensland?

Last edited by RandomTask1; Feb 26, 2012 at 2:17 am