FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Comments Welcome: Voting Underway-Create Spirit Airlines Forum
Old Feb 24, 2012, 12:12 am
gkbiiii

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
My Spirit Letter

February 8, 2012

DeAnne Gabel
Director Investor Relations
Spirit Airlines
(954) 447-7920
[email protected]

Dear Director Gabel,

I am writing to you today, because I need your help with a project I am working on, with an airline forum. For over six years, (Mar 31, 06---Feb 7, 2012) the motion to create a Spirit forum on Flyertalk.com has been tabled. This week I have been able to get this issue to voted on by the Flyertalk Board, after being in limbo for six years. In that time, airlines such as JetBlue, AirTran, Virgin America, AirBerlin, etc., have been able to get their own forum; while Spirit has been denied.

Now, your airline is VERY controversial on Flyertalk due to it's fees and practices; thus, this is going to be a difficult battle. My premise is going to be that Spirit is an important carrier, that deserves the forum, rather it is liked or not. The problem is in many ways, this is the Rodney Dangerfield of Airlines; ie., Spirit gets no respect! By now you can see my challenge, perhaps yours as well.

Any help your organization and management can give me, to present to the Flyertalk community about the airline, its principles, its purpose, company philosophy, etc., would be greatly appreciated. If your Chairman, Ben Baldanza could write a short letter or similar it would be a great help. Your's is an often misunderstood airline, that could possibly through Flyertalk, at least be able to explain how it does business. The public (& Media) are often amazed/troubled by your policies and ad campaigns. I believe Flyertalk would be a great place for your company to be better understood.

Sincerely,