FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DB Lounge(s) in Frankfurt
View Single Post
Old Feb 23, 2012, 12:24 pm
henry999

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
DB Lounge(s) in Frankfurt

On the DB webpage discussing their Lounges, there is a list of 15 stations which have them. Four of the stations in the list -- Berlin, Hamburg, Munich and Cologne -- have an asterisk, which indicates a 'separate 1st Class lounge location'. In the text, however, it says

> new 1st Class DB lounges in Berlin, Hamburg, Munich, Cologne
> and Frankfurt / Main bring comfort to a new level...

So, the first question is: does Frankfurt/M have a 'separate 1st Class location' or not?

Why do I ask?

On the DB page discussing Wi-Fi access on ICE trains and in DB Lounges, it says wi-fi is available in all lounges. It adds, however, that

> In the separate first class area of some exclusive lounges the HotSpot access
> is free of charge for first class passengers.

Finally, who is who? Back on the Lounge page again, we find

> Entrance to DB Lounges
> DB lounges are open to:
> - passengers with valid DB 1st class rail tickets
> - ‘bahn.bonus.comfort’ customers and 1 accompanying person

Now, let me see if I've got this right.

• Access to the 15 lounges is available to the passengers designated above.

• All the lounges have wi-fi.

• Some of the lounges have a separate 1st Class section, where the bahn.bonus.comfort customers can't go.

• In the stations (four? or five?) where the Lounge has a separate 1st Class section, the wi-fi is free -- in the 1st Class section only.

• In all other stations (ten? or 11?), wi-fi is available but it is not free, even for 1st Class passengers.

I'm flying into FRA and am thinking of buying a 1st Class Rail&Fly ticket. After the long flight I will need some time online. If I have to pay for access at FRA Fernbahnhof but can get it free at Frankfurt/M Hbf, then I will probably arrange to stop there.

Any insight or experience will be welcomed. I have never been in the Flughafen Fernbahnhof and the last time I was in the Hauptbahnhof was a good few years ago -- and I wasn't a 1st Class passenger.

cheers,

Henry