FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Does Comfortable economy exist???
View Single Post
Old Feb 19, 2012, 2:59 pm
cheltzel

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by bbriscoe34
I fly from Oklahoma to Europe a few times a year, and our company policy requires we buy an economy ticket on flights under 14 hours - which is miserable. I'm a big guy - 6-2 and I just can't sleep sitting straight up. I've tried United Economy plus - even got an entire row to myself, but those seats are still horrible.

My question is - is there any economy class on any aircraft that reclines significantly more than the 10 degrees or whatever that you get on your standard 737?

I don't have to lie flat - to me even the F seats on an MD-88 are infinately better for sleeping than coach. But can that level of recline be approximated in coach on any aircraft?
I think the short answer to your question is no. Actually for leg room, UA E+ is about as good as you will get on a TATL flight. Was your issue with UA E+ the recline or the condition of the seat?

Until a couple of years ago all of my long haul flying was done in Y. I am a big guy as well and the only way I could do it was to take UA E+, get a window seat, fill the void between my shoulder and the cabin wall with pillows, coat, etc and take an Ambien.

Are you restricted to UA? Could you get the Economy Comfort class on Delta? It is a newer product than UA and you might have a better experience.