FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CMB transfer time on Sri Lanka Airlines
View Single Post
Old Feb 16, 2012, 7:45 am
Laowai

Programs: AY, GA, SQ, IHG, SPG
Originally Posted by ilianik
Hi,

I am looking to book an award trip from London to Male (Maldives), and having searched through various options see availability on LHR-SIN-CMB with SQ (nothing with miles to Male). I was then planning on buying revenue ticket with Sri Lanka airlines from CMB to MLE.

Unfortunately there is only one SQ flight to CMB, which arrives at 23:45; there is then a flight to MLE that departs at 23:55. Next flight to MLE would be at 7am in the morning.

My question is as follows - am I crazy in thinking that I could (theoretically) make this 10 minutes transfer given the size of the airport (assuming I will have checked in online and will only have carry on luggage with me)? If I don't make this connection, is there anywhere to sleep in the airport (won't have a visa) - lounge or something?

Many thanks for your help in advance.
I would not consider 10min transfer as an option. It could take 10mins just to deboard your previous flight especially if you're sitting on the back of the plane.

CMB is not a big airport and the transfer should not take too long. However, I can't say the airport is too efficient, since I almost missed my flight back in 2009 even though I arrived to the airport in the morning 2½h before the flight. Check-in (UL) & immigration took ages. Of course those you can avoid if you're transiting.

I can't comment on the lounges, but generally speaking not the nicest airport to hang around for 7 hours unless there has been some serious upgrading going after my last visit.