FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station {NLD}
Old Feb 15, 2012, 3:31 pm
fptxenemit

Arrow DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station {NLD}

After an OK, but not great stay in the former MINT hotel Doubletree Westminster, I now had a very nice stay at the MINT Hotel Amsterdam.

Upon checkin, I was upgraded to a very nice "Club Balcony" room on the 10th floor with amazing views across the old part of Amsterdam: the Grand Hotel Amrath, the St. Nikolaaskerk and the Oudeschans. During the weekend, the canals were frozen and I could watch the skaters from the balcony. Certainly the nicest view that I ever had in an Amsterdam hotel. The room had all of the amenities needed, including The White Company bathroom amenities, bathrobes, and Listerine mouthwash.

SkyLounge. The SkyLounge on the 11th floor is not an executive lounge, but rather a bar for everyone. Still, it is quite pleasant (relatively spacious), and I went there on Sunday to have a late lunch with great views across the city.

Breakfast. The breakfast was certainly the best that I have ever had in Amsterdam, but not really great by international standards. Eggs made to order were available, but you had to ask for them. I also had dinner in the City Cafe (where breakfast is served) which was fine.

Location. The location is quite convenient, right next to Central Station (about a five minute walk). As mentioned, the views are hard to beat.

I have another upcoming stay where something was a bit messed up in my reservation. I mentioned this to the checkout agent while I was leaving and she said "I booked you into another room". When I checked my reservations later, it now said "Junior Suite" for the price of the standard Queen room -- very nice surprise! All in all an extremely pleasant stay, I am glad I'll be back soon.