FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Beer Trucks on the DFW Tarmac
View Single Post
Old Feb 13, 2012, 6:20 pm
txrus

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by AUSFTer
While waiting to depart on a flight out of gate C31 just after noon today at DFW, I saw two, full-size beer delivery trucks driving around. First a white Coors Light truck, then a blue Bud Light truck a few minutes later. These weren't the single-chassis delivery trucks that deliver beer to your local convenience store; they had separate tractors but the trailers still had the multiple doors on the sides. (like this: http://www.flickr.com/photos/formerwmdriver/4369305514/ )

I've flown through DFW hundreds of times and seen all kinds of vehicles, but never one, much less two, of these trucks tooling around _on_ the tarmac.

Is this how they have to cater Int'l flights now that beer is once again complimentary in Coach?????

(Mods, please move this thread if there's a better/more appropriate home for it.)
I can't answer the question, but I can confirm the sighting of the blue truck tooling around Terminal B when my flight from ABQ pulled into D27 shortly before noon. Remember thinking it was a bit odd...