FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2012 AA International Meals - menu /menus, photos, etc. (consolidated)
Old Feb 12, 2012, 9:01 pm
Cofyknsult

Programs: AA ExPlat 4MM, AA Life Plat, Lufthansa FT, Delta Basic
Originally Posted by Tpttraveller
LAX-PVG question
Anyone experienced the J menu on AA 183 LAX-PVG yet this year? Any significant changes from last years offerings?
I have, last month, LAX-PVG and PVG-ORD, and I found it pretty similar to J menu to/from Europe. I am vague as I did not take the menus with me:

Appetizer had a distinctive Chinese flavor, some cold pork and drunken shrimp, very good, same both ways. Entrees were unremarkable going over. On the way back, the sweet and sour pork was excellent. Main difference is a mid-course snack which I did not have either way as I was sleeping, noodles or some such thing. Cheese plates were available throughout the flights, but the junk food items were few and poor. On the way back, the 3rd and last meal was a complete breakfast identical to the long European flights.
The champagne was exceptionally good and not as per menu which lists the new systemwide brand. On one of the flights (I do not remember which), I had a glass of red wine with a cheese plate and it was undrinkable. Very nicely, FA took it back and brought me one from FC which was much better.

Contrary to Japanese flights, there is no dedicated Asian meal, just Asian dishes scattered on the main menu. These are far better States bound than China bound, and it makes sense.

Altogether, decent if not Singapore Airlines.