FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 1st Time using Lounge (HNL) please give me a clue!
Old Feb 12, 2012, 2:32 am
bouttmk

Programs: AA Exeutive Platinum; Marriott Platinum Premier
The old President's Club is closed. You'll use the legacy Red Carpet Club. Once you go through Security, hang a left and keep walking. When you get to the United gates, look for an escalator. Once you're on the next level, you'll find it. Watch out for the Dragon Lady who runs the place. She hates the Continental merger and she's absolutely rude to people with Continental boarding passes. Everyone else is nice as can be but she's absolutely nuts. I made the mistake of telling her that the Continental aircraft to Guam was nicer than the United replacement and she almost took my head off. If you aren't careful, you'll have to hear her complain for 20 minutes about how she doesn't want to switch to the Continental computer system. Other than that one unpleasant person, it's a nice club. There are light snacks and you can buy food at the bar. Beer and wine are included and drinks are cheap. You will probably have to walk to the old Continental gates for your flight, so give yourself a little time for that. They won't announce your flight. You can watch the monitors but it's highly unlikely you'll have a delay or gate change on that flight.