FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 1K Buy-Up to F | You win SMI/J. But only this time.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 4:01 pm
lensman

Programs: CO Gold, SPG Gold
Since this thread seems to be degenerating into another polarized discussion of the members posting in it rather than the subject at hand - though most of the original posts by said members *are* relevant, though somewhat repetitive if for those of us who have read other similar threads. BTW, I don't begrudge you posters your right to be repetitive on threads that are themselves only slight variations on other threads. These fora are not great literature and we aren't required to be original - or interesting, for that matter, as you can see self-demonstrated by my post.

Anyway, I think TOD is a acceptable term, but I would like to know whether we are supposed to use it to describe pre-day-of-travel purchased upgrades or T-24 purchased upgrades? From this board, I've learned the valuable information that there seem to be two programs. I have personally verified that advance-purchase upgrade offers are to the lowest instant-upgrade fare for my flights. From the kokonutz' TOD thread, I think we see that this is *not* true for day-of-travel purchased upgrades.

So my nominations are:
1. Advance purchase upgrades: APUs or APHODs (advance purchase hundreds of dollars)
2. Day of travel purchased upgrades: DOTPUs or DOTTODs or TODs for short.
3. LRPALBABOMTRTT - long rambling post adding little but a bit of mirth to relieve the tension.