FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Post-cruise hotel suggestion in Barcelona (October)
Old Feb 7, 2012, 6:58 pm
8dimsum

A favorite hotel for cruisers is the Hotel Majestic. I did a quick check on pricing for March per the hotel's website: 126 euro per person included buffet breakfast. The hotel has packages that include museum admission.

I have stayed at the Hotel Continental Palacete that is above street level-- rooms are non-standard sized, built in wardrobes, pink coverlets, fresh fruit/snack bar/expresso machine ... a gorgeous salon area to relax and plan out your Barcelona visit. Very charming. Affordable, high ratings per tripadvisor review. I liked the location: one block away from Passeig de Gracia where the HOH and other buses travel, easy walk to the Gaudi sites and other Modernista buildings, a few blocks from the Placa Catalunya & the El Cort de Ingles department store.
Very nice staff! We had been caught pre-cruise with the port in an embargo by the Spanish fisherman: the staff found us rooms at a sister property if we were stranded in BCN. The Palacete was fully booked and we were checking out. Our cruiseline got us rooms elsewhere along with other "stranded" cruisers. Definitely fond memories of the service extended to us.

Last edited by 8dimsum; Feb 7, 2012 at 7:08 pm