FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Did travelocity disable their flex dates option?
Old Feb 7, 2012, 2:29 am
jackal
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by formeraa
Travelocity stated that the flexible fare search would have been a violation of the new government requirement that the total fare be disclosed up front. Sadly, it seems that they would be correct...there was no way to show the total fare before you clicked on the fare and picked specific flights.
I agree, and this is the really the only reason I'm slightly disappointed by the new requirement the DOT instituted. I know it's probably for the best in all other cases, but this one special case should be exempted somehow.

One thing to note is that the airlines are still operating their own "low fare calendars" which display fares irrespective of routing, so perhaps Travelocity can find a way to do it in a similar way that doesn't skirt the rules.

One of these days, I may write my congressional representatives or the DOT directly and see what they have to say on this matter. If anyone else does and gets a response, I'd love to see it.