FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Brussels Airlines "Guaranteed lowest fare" - help
Old Feb 5, 2012, 10:08 am
bittul

Originally Posted by 6rugrats
I don't think you did read carefully enough. When reading the T&C, did you notice this:

The LFG will not apply where:
the cheaper online fare is not available to the general public. Such fares include, but are not limited to, corporate discount fares, staff fares, consolidator fares, wholesaler fares, student fares, closed user group fares

Most tickets sold on third party sites are consolidator fares and not eligible for these guarantees. I've never read of anyone ever receiving money back for this type of purchase. Your fare has to be EXACTLY the same (same fare code, etc.).
Yup, noticed that, and made sure that the fare was a "regular" one. I printed out the t&c and sat with a few freinds and family and studied it thoroughly. I was sure that I had all the bases covered. (didn't think for a second that even after following through with everything, they'd still find a way to con me.)

Anyway regards fares etc., that's where googles matrix.itasoftware.com comes in handy. It shows you the fare code of the tickets you are looking at, which can be compared to the fare codes on the other sites.

Hope this serves as a lesson to others.

btw, blog was updated slightly. http://snba-scam.blogspot.com/