FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Brussels Airlines "Guaranteed lowest fare" - help
Old Feb 5, 2012, 9:44 am
6rugrats

Programs: No Loyalty to any airline
Originally Posted by bittul
Fti, you were SO right... Unfortunately I did not follow your advice, and learned the hard way. A mistake which cost me more than eighteen hundred dollars!

Hope others can learn from this and avoid these SCAMMERS at Brussels Airlines.

Long story short. I printed out all the fine print of their "guarantee" and sat with a few friends and family to study the t&c thoroughly. After we were sure that we got each and every point on there, I went ahead and purchased through them.

I don't think you did read carefully enough. When reading the T&C, did you notice this:

The LFG will not apply where:
the cheaper online fare is not available to the general public. Such fares include, but are not limited to, corporate discount fares, staff fares, consolidator fares, wholesaler fares, student fares, closed user group fares

Most tickets sold on third party sites are consolidator fares and not eligible for these guarantees. I've never read of anyone ever receiving money back for this type of purchase. Your fare has to be EXACTLY the same (same fare code, etc.).