FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AVIS: 9.000 CC Goldpoints for 3-Day-Rental until 31 Oct 2012
Old Feb 1, 2012, 7:55 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ambraciot
Which is all the more reason these promotions should be discussed in a single unified thread, rather than in fragments.
I am not the moderator in this forum. Is there a moderator in this forum? Only a moderator can merge threads.

I never argued about whether this should or should not have been a separate thread. I only argued about whether the extension to the Avis 9000 promo was documented in another thread, which you claimed it was, and it clearly wasn't.

I agree that it might be a good idea to merge some of these thread, but unless there is someone around to do it, and unless merging similar threads is the policy in this forum (different forums have different policies regarding things like that), I'm not sure what talking more about that will do.

My complaint actually is not much that that multiple threads exist, but that they are poorly titled. The OP who started this thread about the promo being good until April 2012 did not put that in the title, but used the exact same title as for the previous thread (when it was good until Dec 2011). I agree that if there was not going to be a new title, it should have gone in the previous thread. I do think there might have been a valid reason for starting a new thread, but only if you were going to give the thread a new title explaining that the new expiration date.

Boy, do we miss Evan!, huh? Talk about one thread for it all, the quarterly car rental promos for all car rental companies and all of their partners thread he used to do in the MilesBuzz! forum was fantastic. The splinter into zillions of separate threads has seemed to have escalated since that unified car rental promos thread went away...