FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Discussion: 10 Suite Night Awards (SNAs) for Plats with 50 nights in calendar year
Old Feb 1, 2012, 12:56 pm
azepine00
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker II

Suite life. Stay with us at least 50 eligible nights in a calendar year and receive 10 Suite Night Awards™ to be used for confirmable room upgrades to a suite or premium room. Use them for the times that matter most — from a honeymoon in Bali to a family vacation in Florida. The choice is yours.
td
Confirmable my foot - forgive my scepticism.

So i book a honeymoon trip to bali (or a trip with two kids to florida) spend $4-5k on air etc and apply this so called confirmable upgrade.

5 days in advance (when its too late to make alternative plans) i get a notification that suites are not available (as proactive hotel sold them all via upsells to general members) and at checkin i get a nice 400 sqf executive room (which i should be getting as a plat anyways as a minimum to begin with) to share with two kids of mine.

Perhaps its an unlikely scenario but to me the word confirmed suggest some sort of peace of mind (like what i get at hyatt when i confirm upgrades there@:-)) YMMV of course.