FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2016] Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)
Old Feb 1, 2012, 10:22 am
slidergirl

Programs: IHG Gold,SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Kettle, AMEX Plat, DL AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by LedgeT
I strongly disagree with this comment. Sure, GSAs may be busy but part of their job is to deal with incoming calls.

I've called multiple properties before arrival, advised them that I am checking in online and would like to know if there are any upgrades available. 9 times out of 10 I score an immediate upgrade.
We'll just have to disagree. I believe it's not necessary. It seems rather aggressive to call. You are not the center of the universe - there are potentially hundreds of HH people who will try to call a particular hotel on a given day. If you feel you absolutely MUST call to be sure that your special upgrade is assured, perhaps call during those times where checkins and checkouts are less likely to be occupying the GSAs. Ever been made to wait at the checkin/checkout because a GSA is on the phone??? How did you feel? That could have been a Diamond member calling to check on their upgrade status... Perhaps I'm too laid back to worry about my upgrades