FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - NEXUS / Global Entry Interview
View Single Post
Old Jan 31, 2012, 7:54 pm
sillypainter

Originally Posted by nvp1985
I applied for NEXUS and Global Entry at the same time. As a result, the interview must be conducted at an enrollment center located on the US/CAN border. I live in NYC and just received my notice to schedule my interview.

Typically I have done quite a bit of travel between CAN and US, but currently do not have anything on the horizon. That being said, does anyone have any suggestions of inexpensive ways / particular enrollment centers to schedule with? I was thinking Detroit is a fairly inexpensive flight, but the enrollment center is not at the airport and not sure how far it is relatively from the airport.

Flight to Toronto are a bit pricey at the moment and Buffalo and NF are also expensive / enrollment centers not located at the airport.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks!
Welcome aboard!

If you're here I assume you are in the "mileage" game, so listen here....

You can get a R/t award ticket on the British airways Avios program for only 9,000 points, the actual flight is through AA,

I did it that way ( I actually booked it in business class for 18K, but Y is 9K R/t).
The way to get the miles fastest is by getting either a Chase INK Bold or Sapphire preferred card with a 50K points sign up bonus, then you transfer the points to Avios.

Feel free to ask if you need more info.