FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AVIS: 9.000 CC Goldpoints for 3-Day-Rental until 31 Oct 2012
Old Jan 31, 2012, 5:04 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by schauschun
you have to read more carefully before your answer ...

this is the first information that the promotion is extended until 30/APRIL/2012 @:-)
Originally Posted by Ambraciot
Not quite the first if you read the other links I gave, and an extension is no excuse for a new thread.
I just did read the three links you gave, and in none of them can I find a mention of anything about this promo working in 2012.

Please point more specifically to which exact post in those threads mentions it.

Furthermore, are you even sure it got extended, or could it instead have been repeated? It was on the Club Carlson site until the end of December, and then in early January it disappeared from the Club Carlson site. I thus yet see no evidence that it was "extended" (in the sense of never having gone away), I only see evidence that it's returning (as in the sense of restarted after a gap in time).

(The website linked in post 1 gives no mention of a start time, only "from now until".)

Originally Posted by Ambraciot
I still prefer the budget version since it gives 5,500 points for 2 day rentals as well as 9,000 points for 3 day rentals. Plus budget is often cheaper.
As documented in one of threads you linked, the Avis version had the lower points option for 2 day rentals too. So if there's now only a 3 day 9000 point option at Avis, it can't be an "extension" of the previous promo!

(But is there no 2 day Avis version with 5000ish points, or have we just not found it yet?)

I'm Avis Preferred (actually Avis First) but have not rented with Budget since they insituted FastBreak. So having to use Budget for a 2-day rental sounds like a downside for me (since first Preferred reservation at Avis requires checking in at a counter to show your drivers license, I presume the first FastBreak reservation at Budget does also).

Last edited by sdsearch; Jan 31, 2012 at 5:11 pm Reason: added 2-day rental issues