FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta LAX to OGG FC?
View Single Post
Old Jan 30, 2012, 5:29 am
BusTrav8yrs

Programs: DL DM 2MM, MR LTT, Hilton D, Hertz PC. National Emerald Exec, UA Silver(thanks to Marriott)
Originally Posted by Denal1
Delta will occasionally swap out a BE equipped aircraft on the HNL routes, but it doesn't happen often and usually it is a last minute change. The 757 that runs LAX to OGG is a very old domestic FC equipped AC which IMHO is a step below standard domestic FC. It is NOTHING like the BE products LAX to JFK. If you post the date you are considering someone could check the AC configuration. If you want a BE product, your best bet will be SFO to HNL but this will require 2 stops to get to OGG (not really worth it). I dont think the standard 757 LAX to OGG is worth even a miles upgrade. If a BE configured plane has been substitued, then definitely UG!
+1

Totally agree. I was very disappointed in the service, it seemed lacking for such a long flight, FA's seemed to think we were on a shuttle flight. Didn't even have Mai Tai's :O

It was an old 757 with no AVOD.

If you have a SWU that is expiring I would say maybe, but I wouldn't pay for or use miles to upgrade this flight.