FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airline Status Match Master Thread
View Single Post
Old Jan 23, 2012, 9:44 pm
dypter97

Hi,

Does anyone know of the likelihood of success for a status match at United / Continental?

I'm currently a USAirways Platinum (75k BIS miles last year), but I'd like to move over to UA MileagePlus. I'll probably fly almost 150k BIS miles this year, almost all on a few direct routes from EWR to Asia and to TLV. I have documentation that I flew this routes a few times last year as a US DM, so I think it's easy to justify...

What's the procedure? Someone at UA customer service told me to mail relevant docs to [email protected], but then they later seemed to hint that they were unlikely to approve matches from USAirways. Rather than wait the 7-14 biz days (almost 3 weeks) to see whether there info was accurate, I thought I'd ask here.

I checked the posting by "lucky9876coins" (thanks!) on the front page of this thread, but I'm unclear if that info is still up-to-date,
especially given its breakdown between CO and UA FF plans.

Finally, if no status match is available, could someone please explain to me a bit about how challenge match works? It's different from a "trial" premier type of thing, right?

Any thoughts gratefully received.

Best wishes.