FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Who has the most 747s?
View Single Post
Old Jan 17, 2012, 5:59 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by BlackBerryAddict
Yes.

The maximum BA ever had was 76 in 1998.
Sigh, the high point of BA's jumbo services. I'm truly going to miss them when the Queens of the Sky are gone. I didn't miss Concorde much, I never found it terribly comfortable, and the A380 does nothing for me.

In 1998 the 747 fleet was, from a passenger's point of view, divided into 2 fleets, the 400 series, of which there were 45, had upper deck CW, but somehow they rammed 32 cradle passengers into it, compared to 20 passengers in broadly the same area today. Row 64 did not exist for some reason, so rows 60 (front of the cabin) and 65 (emergency exit row) were the sought after locations.

The 31 vanilla jumbos had a small upper deck but it was only for World Traveller passengers, with 35 passengers. Generally 3-3 arrangement but 56A and 56B were two seats on their own at the front of the cabin and I guess were the prized WT seats of their day.