FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TSA refusing GE Cards for security checkpoints
Old Jan 14, 2012, 9:16 pm
chollie
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Originally Posted by aviators99
Sometimes when I show them the "Sentry" on the back, it helps. Sentry *is* listed on the TSA site.

At MIA last week, the TDC noted, "We just learned about these today". I was surprised that they didn't already know, since I thought MIA was one of the places where the GE card is supposed to allow you to go through without taking off your shoes. But looking at the website, I learned that it's just in the AA terminal where that's true, and I was flying DL.
I think there's some confusion.

The Pre-check program may allow you expedited screening (shoes on, laptops in bag, etc). That program is currently only available at certain airports at certain checkpoints for certain airlines. Currently, it doesn't matter which ID you present - the decision to let you through (or not) is contained in a barcode on your boarding pass. You may be allowed to use Pre-check even if you aren't a GE member.

AFAIK, GE, Sentri and Nexus holders all go through the same checks, so all of the IDs should be acceptable. The GE card is relatively new - there are GE members out there who enrolled in the program when it was new - they were never given a GE card and do not need the GE card to use the GE kiosks. They're still eligible for Pre-check, but currently that's only if they're flying the right airline at the right airport and the right checkpoints.