FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New HA Hub at OGG
View Single Post
Old Jan 13, 2012, 1:22 am
LIH Prem

Originally Posted by slippahs
This is the talk of the local media outlets today. I just hope this doesn't mean HNL-KOA/ITO becomes a forced HNL-OGG-KOA/ITO routing.
lol, let's keep your world oahu centric. It would really suck if you had to fly out of your way and stop on an island you didn't want to go to or stop at in order to get to your destination, right? Welcome to our world.

I doubt that's going to be the effect, but rather, they are finally recognizing that there's a significant amount of traffic that doesn't need to transit HNL, and they can probably charge a premium for it for now, and be in place to fight off any competition that might arrive from the mainland (or considering coming over from the mainland). I just hope this doesn't stretch the inter-island fleet too thin again.

I wonder if they are going to take more gates at OGG. Right now they have the 3 best interisland gates, but there's no more room where they are for more interisland gates. I think they would have to expand to the right side gates. I guess it will be interesting to see what happens there.

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; Jan 13, 2012 at 1:45 am