FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Anyone near Washington DC interested in a hockey game?
Old Jan 12, 2012, 4:16 pm
Sweet Willie
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by broms
I know that there is an 'official' DC happy hour thread, however I'm not sure if its been reset for 2012 or not.

Calling out to all DC/MD/VA area FT'ers, who wants to go see a great game of NHL hockey?

Seeing as it hasn't been reset yet, I'm going to use this thread to see if I can garner any interest in going to see a hockey game in DC! No specific dates yet, however there are usually group rates or tickets available for games. We could of course start off with a happy hour, dinner, then game. Who knows! Let me know, and if I can get together a good number of people, I can look at pricing and game options.
Of course you are free to post your idea either way.

My personal belief is that if you were to post in the DC Happy Hour thread that your idea of a hockey game will not get as many views as a thread dedicated to this specific idea. Also, if a date does get set, there may be other FTers that are not DC local yet would be interested in coming and not think to check in a 'happy hour' thread.@:-)