FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Miles credited to wrong FFP [consolidated]
Old Jan 10, 2012, 7:05 am
IB6825

Programs: TK Miles&Smiles Elite, IB Plus Plata
Switched to A3 at check-in but miles were posted to UA. What can I do?

Its my first post. So please be nice to me. :-)

I flew SAA from CPT to JNB in December. Flight and everything was fine but the miles were credited to the wrong account. During the reservation I added my Mileage Plus number as I used Mileage Plus at this time for almost all my travels. Two weeks before my flight I joined Miles&Bonus.

On the day of my flight I added Miles&Bonus as my frequent flyer program at the check-in machine in Cape Town. My A3 account number was printed on my boarding pass, so I thought it will be fine otherwise it would show my UA number.

A few weeks later to my disappointment miles were posted to UA.
I sent A3 a copy of my boarding pass but they are not willing to give me any miles unless I can proof that UA removes the miles from my Mileage Plus account.

IMHO they should just give me the 500 tier miles. How should it be my problem now?? A3 number was on the boarding pass. That is what counts in my opinion.
Or am I wrong with that?

below is what A3 Customer Service wrote me:
If during the reservation the Mileage plus account number was inserted, then the miles will automatically be credited to this account regardless if during check in you gave your Miles&Bonus card and the boarding card has this sign.

Moreover, even if we accept to accommodate such an irregular request, we need a formal confirmation or authorization by United Airlines that the miles have been removed. Aegean Airlines cannot proceed to process this request without UA's consent in writing.

You should ask UA to send in writing to Aegean through internal communication by email the request on your behalf and we will do our best to accommodate this request.