FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Staying on the plane queries???
View Single Post
Old Jan 9, 2012, 10:39 am
lsed

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Originally Posted by Omar84
So basically I have an interesting itenary coming up, basically I am flying to Tokyo from Karachi in Business. The flight was like 50% cheaper by flying from their then from my current base in Abu Dhabi.

Now getting from Abu Dhabi to Kharachi required some research, in the past I have done this before with Etihad, but last time on the return flight I had only 50 mins transfer time between two different airlines which was really really tight. I had to almost run to the plane, thankfully I think being in Business gave me some more added advantage. Anyway to avoid the same thing happening I have just decided to stay on QR for the flight from Abu Dhabi to Karachi.

So final routing is this

AUH-DOH-KHI-DOH-KIX-NRT-KIX-DOH-KHI-DOH-AUH, LOL i know its crazy but like I said I saved a whole bunch.

Anyway the question I have is does it really matter if I stay of the plane for the turnaround? Or would I have to deplane then get back on? I had no intention of visiting KHI other than using it as a place to arrive then immediately depart. I still have a 4 weeks left before I have to fly so its not too late to cancel anything.

Any help would be appreciated as I have never really turned around on any airline on any destination before.

Ok I don't have any clue regarding your question, but damn that is an interesting route.

How many Qpoints and miles do you reckon you'll accrue from that?