FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Whimsical Misadventures of a Law Student w/ Pics ORD-LHR-ZRH-DXB-BKK on UA,LX,SQ,TG-J
Old Jan 4, 2012, 11:26 am
blackmamba

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Bangkok Fever

Bangkok Part 1 – Hot in Herre by Nelly (102 F (38 C) and That’s Just My Body Temperature).

Singapore Airlines
SIN-BKK
Class: J

A fever is just what the doctor ordered to make this trip even more epic than it already is. I get off the plane and feel like Patient X. I stumble to the Krisflyer Lounge in the second floor of Terminal 2 while waiting for my flight to BKK.

The Krisflyer Lounge has got to be the most heavily guarded lounge in the world. The place is a practical fortress with nearly 6 dragons guarding the gate. They all greet you with smiles in their yellow coats and do what is quite possibly the most efficient clean-up of plates I’ve ever seen. In fact, one of them even took my half-full glass of beer without even asking if I was done with it…which I found really odd.

The lounge is absolutely stunning. It has an excellent selection for breakfast. There was harkow (dimsum), Yangchow friend rice, Cha Show Pao (Marinated Pork Buns), Lou Ba Mi (vermicelli tossed with soy sauce-stewed minced pork), a great selection of exquisite yogurts and other deserts…etc. The drink selections were great but went for the Tiger Beer. As a lot of FlyerTalkers with agree with me, beer cures everything so it was a natural choice for someone who had a fever (some claim beer even created civilization).

The place is a practical ghost town this early in the morning (6 AM) and I scurry off to a quite area and enjoy a few moments sipping some draft Tiger Beer and munching on some tasty morsels. A couple minutes pass and it’s now boarding time.

Honey, Why You So Sad?

Yum!

FDA Approved Cure for Cancer - Take Twice Daily

A Scrumptious Breakfast

To Be Continued...