FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lets start a wish list - What can do QR better!!!!
Old Jan 2, 2012, 9:27 pm
rhr46flyer

Programs: QR-SL, EK, TG, BA
Feel special?

I was a gold member of Thai's ROP and EK's Skywards, the former gave a one time upgrade annually and occasional OU's. with EK I got regular OU's and once on a mileage upgrade from Y to J got bumped up to one of their private suite's. But EK for me lost the plot with the 777's 10 abreast seating which is cattle truck standard.

I changed to QR largely because they added my base of Phuket to their destinations, and to see what a 5* airline was like and am happy at silver level to get lounge access QR's greatest silver benefit in my book.

Thus far no OU from QR and getting an upgrade with miles was all but impossible and made the miles feel to be of little worth. I finally got one but not on the sector I would have preferred.

OK, most of us that are elite members of any program feel a tad superior and rightly so, but other than lounge access Qmiles needs to look to it's laurels?

On-board its great on the whole for comfort and service standards other than those inedible pieces of hot cardboard that we are told are hot sandwiches, followed by a ghastly chocolate cookie which is so dry its like its a year past its sell by date.

Once only was I asked before meal service for my choice which I think is policy?

QR its easier to win custom with good marketing, but the product must stand up to that marketing hype, and its cost nothing in real terms to keep the elite feel cherished. As once we swap airlines as I have done twice there is no going back?

I can forgive the shortcomings of the current airport and can see QR is trying to improve things, but please don't forget the small things in the bigger picture.