FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2012 master thread
Old Jan 1, 2012, 4:33 am
tycosiao

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hh Gold, NH*G, SPGP, SQ-CC
Pullman Zhangjiajie

My honour to kickstart this thread for the brand new year

- What is your A|Club status?
Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked executive mountain view room and upgraded to a suite (Entry level suite I guess)

- How are the rooms?
An average sized suite for Chinese standards.

- What was good and what was bad?
Good:
Platinum recognition, upgrade, Location to Wulingyuan scenic area. I would put a 15minutes walk to the entrace of Wulingyuan. No DCC. 8 bottles of water replenished everyday.

Bad: When I inquired about Wulingyuan, front desk wanted to sell me a map for 5 yuan, realised that my room has a map, I went to take it. When checking out, they wanted to sell me a map for 10 yuan. Not much, but I did not want to pay for a map. It should be a service to guests so I made some noises to the manager, she waived it off.

Lounge was closed as well but it should be opened during the peak period.

Despite the mountain view booking, there was no view and when I asked about it, they said due to construction of a new hotel next door. The right wing of the hotel has the view but it was not opened too. However, the view around the hotel is nowhere near the view up at the mountains. So not too hard about this.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?

Yes, at 1.3k CNY for 3 nights with breakfast included. Good value for a UNESCO heritage site hotel near the scenic spot.