FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upgrade Redemptions
View Single Post
Old Dec 30, 2011, 10:47 pm
ThWilmesi

Programs: LH FTL, EK Gold, AMEX Centurion, . HH Diamond, Ambassador Platinum,Sixt Diamond
Originally Posted by lsed
Sure I will keep trying but each failed attempt will just make me want me to fly with them more in the future.

I think there are 2 issues here that need attention. Basically the FFP, and ground operations.

Before we even talk about tweaking the FFP, I find it appalling that it is so difficult just to simply to contact a customer service representative.
Requests by email are also not responded to quickly enough.

How is that even acceptable for a No 1 airline?

Anyhow EF is showing:
C6 J2 D1 Z0

If no more C / J seats are sold during the next 20 days before my flight, how likely is my chance for an award upgrade?

I made the experience with the upgrade with F Class from DOH-FRA it went through 48 hours before despite the fact there were no sold seats until that time, meaning i tried to get the upgrade for more than two months in advance. So I would guess if 48 hours before they are still 6 seats to be sold you may have a good chance to get an upgrade - it is better to a mileage upgrade than an operational upgrade - at least it allows the airline to decrease their mileage obligation for which they have to accruals in accounting.

My impression is that with QR you only will get the upgrade approx, 48 hours before which is ridiculous. They actually could install a program like it exists in the US with UA for their domestic flights tha upgrades clear a certain time before automatically based on status and availability within their rules. This would be a nice enhancement.

With your general statement i totally agree - i was lucky that i live 5 minutes away from Paragon in Singapore and also they open up at 9 am so i am a bit flexible with my working hours so i could go there. But I will one more time write a long email to customer service of privilege club to address all my concerns and really start putting more pressure - i know that i will get again a non-descriptive utterly stupid answer like the last times - but it will be read somewhere else i am sure. We have to keep bombarding.

I am responsible for a little bigger travel budget and i can decide within certain limits what myself and my people fly... I am currently weighing a New York flight - in March where i can fly SQ/NH/ or QR and i am not finally decided. We shall see.

But the poster here is correct first you have to correct your ground service - meaning a competent customer service 24/7 available ( at least through routing through different time zones, like other airlines do) then competent airline offices with decent opening times and competent personnel - at least here in Singapore they should be open every day right? they also have daily flights or? how stupid can you be. Or for heaven's sake install a ticketing facility on Changi Airport - oh i forgot this is contracted personnel. But I can tell you QR is not the only one who faults on this, i have had my issues with SQ - once i wanted to upgrade on the spot from FRA to SIN from C--> F and pay for the upgrade around 3000 SGD and i could not - the station manager would have loved selling me a ticket - but not possible, only the downtown office can do this and you have to do this 48 hours in advance in order that the correct fare can be calculated... well if you can allow yourself to fly empty suit yourself!!!!!

But back to QR i can only point to the situation in germany - the airline office of QR is in Berlin, no credit card facility selling over the phone....but on top their main base in Germany is in FRA and no airline office or ticketing facility is in FRA you must be kidding me, how stupid can you be. You cannot expect the people to call 24 hours to Doha, which is not good in matter of time differences as well as another poster has pointed out calling to Doha as it is in general to the middle east is bloody expensive... but then QR is too cheap to install a toll-free number at least not for their top status customers. And the least goes on and on... and the Gold status way to easy to achieve - and this dilutes the benefits ( the few which exist - The gold status is good for people who fly economy, but what does it do for business customers? not much right? and i could rumble on and on......