FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United Explorer Card--United Club Passes?
Old Dec 30, 2011, 12:36 am
ausexpatinusa

Programs: MileagePlus, Delta SkyMiles, AAdvantage, Air New Zealand Air Points, Virgin Australia Velocity
Question United Explorer Card--United Club Passes?

I am small fry as far as FT is concerned--have maintained 2P status for the last couple of years and made it to 1P once a few years ago. But I hope anyone who has recently signed up for the Explorer card can help.

One of the main attractions of the Explorer card for me was the prospect of receiving two club passes annually, since it's not a benefit I can get without paying for it as a 2P member. But today I called the customer service line and they explained that the first time you receive club passes is after the one year anniversary of your account opening, so the first time I will receive my club passes is next November 2012 (!!) I accepted this as good faith information even though it kind of irked me as I really had gotten the impression that I'd get some that I could use when travelling in the upcoming year.

But now I am looking at the explorer card website here:

https://www.theexplorercard.com/MPYoureIn40kAFW.aspx

and if you scroll down to the bottom and click on the very small font "*OFFER DETAILS" a window opens up and gives the following information:

"You will receive two (2) Club passes after account opening and every account anniversary thereafter. Please allow 8 – 10 weeks after account opening for delivery of Club passes. Please allow 2 – 4 weeks from your credit card account anniversary date each year thereafter for delivery."

This clearly states that I should get 2 club passes when I first open the account, in addition to the later annual ones.

My question is has anyone who opened an Explorer Card account in the last few months actually received their Club passes for this year? Has anyone else been given the same information I received on the phone? If I call back to try to press the issue how should I go about it (ask for a supervisor, etc.)?

Thanks.