FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Stopover in Qatar - does Qatar Airways offer a Hotel?
Old Dec 27, 2011, 1:02 am
lsed

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
I think the reason you have to go down to the local office is so they can swipe your card.
Back in May I made a change to my booking and had to pay $50. I was in BCN and they told me they don't have facilities to accept payment over the phone.

The local office in Sin really needs to improve their facilities.

I haven't waited more than 30 seconds to connect to an EK operator the last 10 times I've called. Whereas once I called QR Sin 15 mins before the office closed, waited for 20 mins and then the call just dropped. It's like the operators just decided to knock off work even when a customer was still waiting. Really infuriated me!

But I digress

Originally Posted by Omar84

The usual fee for a Visa on Arrival is around 100 QR, which is roughly 33 US Dollars. I think the QR staff should take care of the whole process and you should not require a stamp on your passport. Last time I was their they just stamped my hotel voucher and said not too lose that.
How about engaging Al Maha to do this? It's free for golds.

So if they stamp your hotel voucher you don't have to pay the VOA?
$33 is money afterall.
Though stamping your voucher and not your passport seems like an unusual practice for customs

Last edited by lsed; Dec 27, 2011 at 1:08 am