FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Southwest cuts strand US Airways employees
Old Dec 25, 2011, 3:23 pm
TBD

Programs: All The Programs
Originally Posted by BigLar
Working for an airline can be a very stressful job. I'm sure that without the flight benefits, quite a number of employees would just leave, which is not what the airlines want to happen. So, no, they are not 'owed' flight benefits, any more than they are 'owed' health benefits, a living wage, safe working conditions, paid holidays, vacations, and so on. But without these things, they will find it much more difficult to attract any talent.

I guess when your company tells you that you're on your own when it comes to health care, we can't afford paid vacations any more, no more holidays, no more overtime pay, and by the way we think you're overpaid, so you're taking a pay cut more in line with our profit goals, I'm pretty sure you'll just suck it up. After all, the free ride couldn't last forever.
Uh - apples & oranges? If my company took away healthcare, holidays, money, etc, I would still be able to physically do my job (if I choose to) because I would physically be able to go to work. The travel benefit is just that - a benefit. It isn't a right. Don't like that it is going away? Quit.

USAir must think they can easily replace you if you can't adapt. Otherwise, they'd have provided an alternative.